Stephen Hawkin – a Physicist and the author of ‘A Brief History of Time’ breathed his last today at his home in Cambridge. Despite being diagnosed with the Motor Neurone disease that slowly made Hawkin’s body paralysed over the years, the scientist continued to inspire people with his intelligence and wit all over the world.
Hawking was an inspiration not just for his contribution in science, but also for imparting some valuable lessons on life, courage and success. He did not let his disability stop him from achieving his goals in life. Let’s take a look at some of the quotes by Stephen Hawking that will give you a new perspective in life.
1. “Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.”
2. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”
3. “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.”
4. “Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it.”
5. “We are all different. There is no such thing as a standard or run-of-the-mill human being, but we share the same human spirit.”
6. “When one’s expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have.”
7. “Not only does God play dice, but… he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.”
8. “We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our greed and stupidity. We cannot remain looking inwards at ourselves on a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet.”
9. “When one’s expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have.”
10. “I’m not afraid of death, but I’m in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first.”